UGC Writers Campus
UGC Writers Campus by Series Mania is a week-long TV series writing workshop, conducted in English open to 20 screenwriters. The 2019 edition will be held in Lille in northern France from March 20-27, 2019 under the supervision of Lorraine Sullivan, in collaboration with Paris College of Art.
Throughout the week, participants will have the opportunity to meet and be mentored by experienced professionals and writers, to attend dedicated workshops, masterclasses and one-to-one sessions on their projects with their mentors. In a final showcase at Series Mania Forum, the Campus’s work will be presented to industry professionals and projects will be pitched at the round table pitching sessions.
An intensive and high-quality training
UGC Writers Campus offers participants from Europe and the rest of the world a concrete understanding of the dramaturgic and narrative strategies used in successful TV series.
Lectures discussing market reach, engaging specific audiences and understanding the needs of the industry will be an essential part of the training.
Over the course of one week, UGC Writers Campus will function as an incubator, where writers will be immersed in an environment dedicated to their work with incredible access to tutors, mentors and industry decision-makers.
Head of studies - France
After being responsible for French film acquisitions at Canal +, she created the first TV series festival in London. From 2013 to 2016, she was director of Serial Eyes, the first European training course for writing and TV series production at the Berlin Film School, in partnership with the London Film School and the Danish Film School.
André et Maria Jacquemetton
Guests of honour - USA
André and Maria Jacquemetton established their career as writer‐producers on six seasons of AMC’S acclaimed series MAD MEN. Their work on that show garnered them multiple award nominations for writing and producing. They have been fortunate to win three Emmys, four Writers Guild of America Awards, and two Producers Guild Awards for Producer of the Year in over two decades working in television. Their latest adventure is with Matthew Weiner’s series THE ROMANOFFS for Amazon Studios.
Tutor - Italy
Nicola Lusuardi is scriptwriter, story editor and consultant for several Italian and European broadcasters and producers. Since 2013, he collaborates as story-editor and creative producer for Sky Italy. He is Head of Study for the SeriesLab program and teaches dramaturgy for SerialEyes in Berlin in addition to the masterclasses and workshops he holds in different European countries. In 2010 he wrote La Rivoluzione Seriale. He founded Nightswim, production company in association with Stefano Sardo and Ines Vasiljevic.
Tutor - UK
Managing director, Euston Films
She is Managing Director of Euston Films and is the executive producer of Baghdad Central and the forthcoming Dublin Murders. She was the executive producer on last year’s Hard Sun and was previously Head of Drama (England) at the BBC. Her early career began in in-house BBC drama production, starting as script editor and then producer and executive producer (Twenty Thousand Streets, Cranford) Her career includes BAFTA-winning shows such as Holding On and Charles II.
Tutor - UK
Script Development Executive, HBO Europe - Original Programming
Camilla is a Script Development Executive for HBO Europe, Original Programming where she works on scripted drama across all the HBO Europe territories. Camilla started her career in the industry as a runner. For a number of years, she worked in production, latterly as a production coordinator, before joining the drama development team at ITV Studios. During her ten years there she worked with some of the industry’s top writers on a wide range of drama series including Shetland, White Heat, The Jury and Vera.
- Camilla Ahlgren, writer, Sweden
- Mahalia Belo, director, United Kingdom
- Stefan Baron, producer, Sweden
- Piv Bernth, producer, Denmark
- Edward Berger, director & screenwriter, Germany
- Antoine Bours, writer, Belgium
- Jimmy Desmarais, producer, France
- Fabrice Gobert, writer, director, France
- Synnøve Hørsdal, producer, Norway
- Sarah Lambert, writer, Australia
- Diana Elbaum, producer, Belgium
- Anders Frithiof August, writer, Denmark
- Lucy Kirkwood, writer, United Kingdom
- Violetta Kaminska, producer, Poland
- Nicola Lusuardi, writer, Italy
- Camille Pouzol, writer, France
- Ludovica Rampoldi, writer, Italy
- Vladlena Sandu, director, Russia
- Donna Sharpe, screenwriter
International screenwriter, Donna worked on many projects such as West of Liberty (ZDF/SVT), the Team (ZDF/DR), Teufelsberg (Arte France/SWR Germany). She is guest lecturer and mentor for Serial Eyes.
- Michaela Sabo, screenwriter
Screenwriter and creative producer on several European series, cinema and documentary projects, Michael is also pitching trainer for many European screenwriting workshops.
- Noy Carmel – The Beat – Israel (Sam Spiegel Film School)
- Abdul Casal – Fail-Safe – United Kingdom
- Etienne Chédeville – Hippocampus – France (INSAS)
- Francesca De Lisi – The Demon Within – Italy
- Dario Bonamin – The Demon Within – Italy
- Julie Anna Grignon – Woman – France (La Fémis)
- Ivan Knezevic – Starman – Serbia (Serial Eyes)
- Rashel Konstantinchenko – Dabushka – Israel (Sam Spiegel Film School)
- Andreas Kyriacou – Artful – Cyprus (Midpoint)
- Christian Miller-Harris – The Fix – Denmark
- Fabrizio Muscia – Miserere – Italy
- Audrey O'Reilly – Embrace The Base – Ireland
- Małgorzata Piłacinska – Smokey Eyes – Poland
- Francesco Nicola Renda – Left Behind – Italy (Scuola Holden)
- Magali Rossitto – Taking Flight – France (CEEA)
- Hagit Saad – To The Moon And Back – Israel
- Lilach Barnea – To The Moon And Back – Israel
- Kaamil Shah – Dubai on Thames – United Kingdom (London Film School)
- Isaac Tomiczek – Afters – United Kingdom
- Emma Tybirk Le Marc – The Twelve Labours Of Helga – Denmark
What they say about it
"The Writers Campus gave me a chance to link with the right people." - Agata Koschmieder (Pologne)
"I had a great experience at the Writers Campus meeting likeminded colleagues and inspiring professionals." - Julie Budtz Sørensen (Danemark)
"I can’t wait to see the ideas we worked on become the next great drama series of tomorrow!" - Robert Goldsdbrough (Royaume-Uni)
"Getting tips and tricks from a masterful creator such as Sarah Treem was simply amazing." - Fanny Talmone (France)
"A great way to meet other writers." - Mia Ylönen (Finlande)
"It is one of the best programs I ever attended!" - Pietro Seghetti (Italie)
UGC Writers Campus will take place in two parts:
- From March 20-24: workshops and sessions at La Plaine Images
- From March 25-27: industry meetings, conferences and round table pitches at Lille Grand Palais during Series Mania Forum
Participants are also welcome to attend all scheduled festival events, which include a range of special screenings and exclusive premieres of some of the latest hit shows.
For any question not addressed in the FAQ, please write to:
+ 33 (0) 1 84 79 69 38
In partnership with:
With the support of: