Feature film directors venturing into series
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 15, 2022 AT 5.00 PM (CET)
SERIESMAKERS is a new creative initiative which focuses on feature film directors who venture into the world of series created by Series Mania Forum & BETA Group.
SERIESMAKERS will select ten teams with an idea for a scripted TV series to participate in a tailor-made training program focused on developing a full pitch deck. Experienced mentors and A-list directors, showrunners, writers, and producers will guide new series creatives in online workshops.
At the end of the Program, a Jury will award two teams with a € 50,000 (fifty thousand Euros) award each to develop a pilot script and a bible with additional creative support. In addition, a new award of €20,000 for emerging talent introduced by the Kirch Foundation will be established to the Beta award for two selected projects of €50,000 each.
The awarded teams will be presented at Series Mania Forum 2023 and will be given the opportunity to participate at Series Mania Forum 2024 to present their projects.
ELIGIBILITY OF TEAMS
- The teams must consist of two creatives each: a director and a producer, or a director and a writer.
- The directors are required to have a minimum of one feature-film (fiction only) screened in the official selection of an A-list film festival in the past five years (2017-2022).
- Scripted TV series based on an original idea or a secured underlying property
- First seasons only
- Early stage of development
- Number of episodes: min. 4 episodes, max. 12 episodes
- Length: min. 30 minutes, max. 60 minutes per episode
- Genres: all genres, e.g., drama, comedy, period, crime, sci-fi
- Applications open: June 13, 2022
- Applications close: September 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm (CET)
- Notification of participants: no later than October 31, 2022
- First workshop (online): November 14-16, 2022
- Second workshop (online): January 23-25, 2023
- For submission, the Rules and Regulations* must be accepted.
- The application form must be fully completed.
- Only applications in English will be accepted.
- All elements must be submitted at once. After submission, it is not possible to edit the application.
- Only one submission per applicant team will be considered.
- Submission and participation in the Program are free of charge.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Short pitch deck of the series consisting of logline and synopsis, characters, story arch, creator/s’s note, tone and style, filmographies of applicants (in English only, max. 10 pages total).
- Please consider the mandatory formatting: A4, Calibri, 11 pt, 1.15 line spacing, margins min. 2.0 cm all sides.
*Rules and regulations may be subject to change.