OK

SERIES MANIA FORUM honors Francesca Orsi, EVP, HBO Programming, Head of HBO Drama Series and Films, with Fourth Annual “Woman in Series Award”.

To mark 2024 International Women’s Day, Laurence Herszberg, founder and general director of Series Mania, and Francesco Capurro, Director of Series Mania Forum, announced Francesca Orsi, EVP, HBO Programming, Head of HBO Drama Series and Films, as the recipient for its Fourth Annual “Woman in Series Award”. Last year’s award went to Nicola Shindler, Executive Producer and Chief Executive of Quay Street Productions.

This award is given to a remarkable woman from the audiovisual industry to honor her vision and leadership.The recipient this year is Francesca Orsi, EVP, HBO Programming, Head of HBO Drama Series and Films. Ms. Orsi will be presented with her award on March 20. In addition, Francesca Orsi will also take part in an exclusive conversation with one of the most successful and celebrated television producers in the UK and worldwide, Jane Tranter (Bad Wolf).

“Awarding Francesca Orsi with this award for 2024 was an easy decision and an obvious choice for us. She continues to shine with an amazing career, and she truly embodies the ‘Woman in Series Award’ brand: Bold, Innovative, Creative and Visionary. Francesca is a true leader and I am incredibly honored to be presenting her with our award this year. Her exclusive talk with Jane Tranter is a real gift for our participants,” commented Laurence Herszberg.

While overseeing the department, Orsi has collaborated with a team of people who have produced high-profile series such as Succession, which concluded its fourth and final season last year, Mare of Eastown, Watchmen, We Own This City, Lovecraft Country,…

Francesca Orsi is Executive Vice President, HBO Programming, Head of HBO Drama Series and Films, responsible for developing and overseeing the production of original programming on the drama slate. Over the past six years, Orsi has shepherded a string of award-winning, record-breaking, and culturally impactful series. Last year, a groundbreaking achievement marked HBO history when four current series, all falling under Orsi’s slate, had cross-platform audiences averaging over 15 million viewers per episode for the first time with House of the Dragon, which
debuted to the largest audience for any new original series in HBO history, The Last of Us, The White Lotus, and Euphoria.

Commenting on being honoured with the award, Francesca Orsi said: “Series Mania has been a longtime champion of HBO. I’m genuinely honored to be recognized with their Woman in Series Award this year. Over the course of my career, I’ve been lucky enough to collaborate with some of the most talented, intelligent, and creative
individuals in the business. This award, however, I’d specifically like to dedicate to the incredible women, both in front of and behind the camera, that have been the life force of so many of the projects on our network. Their work matters much more than mine, and I couldn’t do what I do without their astounding contribution to the storytelling at our company. I look forward to continuing to bring their voices and more to the forefront of the work in the future.”

Upcoming premieres for 2024 include the highly anticipated espionage thriller and cross-culture satire, The Sympathizer, starring Robert Downey Jr.; the second season of the award-winning drama series House of the Dragon; and Industry, which has its third season debuting this summer. Her slate also includes the limited series The Regime starring Kate Winslet; True Detective: Night Country, the fourth installment of “True Detective” and the most watched season of the series; The Gilded Age, which has been renewed for a third season; and fan-favorite My Brilliant Friend. Orsi also has two new series orders for her slate including an upcoming crime drama from Brad Ingelsby (HBO’s “Mare of Easttown), starring Mark Ruffalo, and “Game of Thrones” prequel A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms: the Hedge Knight.