Eureka Series Spring 2024 edition will take place from March to late May 2024.
In the first days of the program, the participants will be divided into groups. Each group will develop an original series concept in a writers room throughout the 10 weeks of the program.
Learn more about the Eureka Series objectives & methods here.
Eureka Series Program is divided into 3 parts:
- Part I – in Lille
In the first four weeks of Eureka Series, starting with the introductory seminar on Serial Dramaturgy, participants attend lectures, masterclasses and workshops in order to develop original series concepts in small groups.
Modules: Serial Dramaturgy, Selecting Ideas & Creating Concepts, European Series Markets, Characters & Conflicts in Series, etc.
- Part II – remotely
For two weeks, the participants attend remote, online sessions that include mentoring, case studies and work on group series projects.
Modules: Mentoring, How to Make Series Production Greener, Case Studies, etc.
- Part III – in Lille
The participants are back in Lille for the next four weeks of the program to take part in lectures, masterclasses and workshops on their respective group concepts.
In the last few days of Eureka Series, participants take part in a Final Residency to learn how to pitch their series concepts, finalize their pitch decks and focus in a quiet and pleasant environment.
The training culminates with a Final Presentation, during which the original series concepts development and pitch are assessed by a professional panel.
Modules: Structuring the Pilot, Pitch Deck & Moodboard, Negotiation, Deals & Contracts, How to Pitch, etc.
Modules: How to Pitch & Final Presentation
Location: Lille, France (10 rue des Poissonceaux), and remotely
Number of participants: 12 emerging European series professionals
Target audience: the program is aimed at emerging screenwriters, with a strong professional interest in series writing. It includes, but is not limited to, recent alumni of European film and television schools.
- Selected applicants must have already written a script (TV series, online drama series, short film or feature film), whether or not it has been produced.
EUREKA SERIES SPRING 2024
The application process is divided into 3 steps :
- An application form online, with the following mandatory documents to be provided in English:
- Cover letter
- Dramaturgical analysis of an European TV series (maximum 1 page)
- Copy of your national ID or passport, as well as a headshot
- For pre-selected applicants, a short presentation video will have to be posted on the Eureka Series private online community (details will be sent to pre-selected applicants alongwith the results)
- Online interview with the selection committee for each pre-selected applicant
For further informations, you may refer to our rules and regulations, or send us an email at email@example.com
- 20/10/2023 – 12/12/2023: Call for applications
- 22/12/2023: Pre-selection results sent to pre-selected participants and posted on the SERIES MANIA INSTITUTE website
- 03/01/2024: Deadline for posting videos on the EUREKA SERIES private online community
- 08/01/2024 – 10/01/2024: Online video interviews with pre-selected applicants
- 12/01/2024: Final selection results sent to selected participants and posted on the SERIES MANIA INSTITUTE website
- 12/03/2024 – 31/05/2024 : EUREKA SERIES training program
Candidates must be over 18 years old or above, have the desire to work in Europe in their professional future, and hold nationality or a long-term residence permit from one of the following countries: Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine or the United Kingdom. Places may be more limited for applicants of countries outside the European Union.
€3500 per participant (taxes included)
Depending on your eligibility, the training may be funded for French participants in part or in full by AFDAS or other funding organizations.
Series Mania Institute urge all candidates to anticipate further costs that are not included in the tuition fees:
● Travel to and from Lille
● Accommodation in Lille (Series Mania Institute will provide all participants with a list of local options)
● Daily expenses (meals, etc.)
If you have special circumstances, such as a disability, please let us know so that we can discuss your needs. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org