3 main actions in 2023
→ WITH LILLE dialogues :
CONTRIBUTING TO THE NEW TRAJECTORY OF THE AUDIOVISUAL
A powerful soft power tool and one of the most popular cultural forms, series have already proven their influence on mentalities and they will have the power to draw futures that make people want to live. How can we create new imaginations and promote more sustainable lifestyles? Bringing together industry leaders and key policy makers, the 2023 edition of the international summit Lille Dialogues (March 23) proposes an ambitious theme: “Shaping the Future with the Audiovisual Sector”.
→ WITH SERIES MANIA INSTITUTE :
TRAINING PROGRAMMES FOR PROFESSIONALS
From 2023, Series Mania Institute will offer training programmes dedicated to ecoproduction and will train its participants in the challenges of the transition. The publication of a White Paper coordinated by the students of the Sciences Po Lille Master’s degree will serve as a basis for these actions.
→ SERIES MANIA COMMITS:
IN A CERTIFICATION PROCESS OF ITS EVENT
Committed since 2021 to a Social and Environmental Sustainability approach, SERIES MANIA is pursuing its actions to enable the Festival to act consistently with the challenges of ecological transition and social inclusion. SERIES MANIA advances its approach each year with three priorities:
SERIES MANIA’S sustainability APPROACH
→ Priority 1:
Putting accessibility and inclusion at the heart of the project
- 100% free festival
- Extensive educational and cultural action plan: more than 6,000 young people reached in 2022
- Tailor-made actions with professional integration structures (local Missions, civic services…), health institutions (Lille CHR), local social action, and disability (specific reception for persons with disabilty…)
- Launch by SERIES MANIA INSTITUTE of the TREMPLIN training programme
→ Priority 2:
Controlling the carbon impact of our activities
- Carry out a carbon footprint assessment for all or part of the event
- With SERIES MANIA PLUS: raising awareness of responsible digital use
To find out more, consult the good practices on Séries Mania +.
- Increased vigilance on electricity consumption and energy supply (reduction of vehicle journeys, powering the red carpet without a generator, renewable electricity in the Festival Village)
→ Priority 3:
Sustainability and re-use as keystones of the purchasing policy
- Reduce the number of objects produced for the festival (reduction of printing, promotional objects) and find re-use solutions
- Work, whenever possible, with local suppliers (caterers, printers, manufacture of textiles relocated to Lille…)
- Propose a communication charter that can be reused over several editions
Because you don’t go it alone: to structure its approach and multiply its impact, Series Mania is is supported by leading players. In 2023, ENEDIS became the first CSR partner of Series Mania. For the structuring of its actions and its ISO 20121 certification, the Series Mania festival is associated to Ipama.
Beyond the material impacts, the festival also mobilises the whole ecosystem on the conception of stories to promote new ways of living. Especially through the Lille Dialogues day entirely dedicated to the ecological transition, created in collaboration with Imagine 2050.