4th UGC writers campus
The fourth edition of UGC Writers Campus by Series Mania will take place from August 25 – September 1, 2021 at the Creative Bazaar and then at the Forum.
This immersive week-long writing workshop will gather 20 emerging TV drama writers from around the world who have had at least one professional experience on a broadcast TV/digital series, short or feature film broadcast.
At the Creative Bazaar, the participants will have the opportunity to take part in workshops and masterclasses in the presence of experienced professionals who will serve and support them as mentors in the development of their projects from August 30 – September 1. As part of the Series Mania Forum, these emerging writers will have the opportunity to pitch their projects in front of international industry professionals.
Amit COHEN – Israel
Screen writer, showrunner, producer
False Flag, No Man’s Land
Screen writer, director
Professor, screen writer, author
the selected projects
- Talal SELHAMI and Jawad LAHLHOU (Morocco): MIARA
- Claudia DE ANGELIS (Italy): GR8 EXPECTATIONS
- Oonagh KEARNEY (Ireland): AU PAIR
- Vero CRATZBORN (Belgium): FAGNES
- Richard BRABIN (UK): EVIE
- Dora SUSTIC (Croatia): BUDDHA BAR
- Yael FELDMAN (Israel): ZEI GEZUNT
- Maurizio AMENDOLA and Marco MUCIG (Italy): PUROSANGUE
- Yashar ALISHENAS (Sweden/Iran): THE REVOLUTION NEVER HAPPENED
- Hélène FAURE (France): IN THE FOREST
- Alysse HALLALI (France): EMERGENCY RESCUE COMMITTEE
- Victor ALONSO-BERBEL et Jan MATHEU (Spain): RAVAL
- Sally FENAUX BARLEYCORN (Belgium): THE ORIGINALS
- Almudena MONZU (Spain): MATAMALA
- Valeria RICHTER (Denmark): COLD CASE NUUK
- Mustafa DUYGULU (The Netherlands/Turkey): SON OF ROTTERDAM
- Rossella DI CAMPLI (Italy) : NORDIC LIGHTS
WHO ARE THE PARTNER SCHOOLS?
• La Fémis (Paris – France)
• Le Conservatoire Européen d’Etude Audiovisuelle (Paris – France)
• Serial Eyes (DFFB, Berlin – Germany)
• The London Film School (London – United Kingdom)
• Midpoint (Prague – Czech Republic)
• Scuola Holden (Torino – Italy)
• INSAS (Brussels – Belgium)
• Sam Spiegel Film School (Jerusalem – Israel)
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE CAMPUS?
Participants lodging, workshop participation and festival attendance are covered. Participants are only responsible for their own travel costs to and from Lille and meal expenses.
WHAT IS THE WORKING LANGUAGE?
English, which also is the language required for all the application files. Applications written in another language than English will not be considered.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
The call for applications is now closed for 2021.