The UGC Writers Campus launches its 4th call for applications !
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
This year again, 20 upcoming writers will be selected to take part in the one-week writing training.
Mentored by high standard professionals in a creative hub near Lille, candidates will have the opportunity to develop their TV series project with renowned tutors (Sarah Treem in 2018, the Jacquemetton duo in 2019), and then meet and pitch their project to TV industry producers, broadcasters and platforms during Series Mania Forum.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Emergent screenwriters from worldwide, who have had at least one project broadcast (TV/web series, feature or short movie).
IMPORTANT: You can apply as a solo writer or as a duo, coming from a partner school or not. We strongly encourage any TV drama writer with professional experience to apply.
WHO ARE THE PARTNER SCHOOLS?
• La Fémis (Paris – France)
• Le Conservatoire Européen d’Etude Audiovisuelle (Paris – France)
• Serial Eyes (DFFB, Berlin – Germany)
• The London Film School (London – United Kingdom)
• Midpoint (Prague – Czech Republic)
• Scuola Holden (Torino – Italy)
• INSAS (Brussels – Belgium)
• Sam Spiegel Film School (Jerusalem – Israel)
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
- A one-page concept describing the series project that you want to work on during UGC Writers Campus (the project must not have a producer attached). It must also be live-action fiction, we won’t accept documentaries or animation.
- A personal statement to let the selection committee know what makes you a unique voice and how you will contribute to the global creative community of audiovisual content. We particularly encourage women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
- A writing sample, an original TV drama previously written (or the pilot of your series project).
- A resume/short CV. For the duos, please upload both resumes in one PDF.
- Two professional letters of reference, from a producer, broadcaster and/or a faculty member.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE RESIDENCY?
Participants lodging, workshop participation and festival attendance are covered. Participants are only responsible for their own travel costs to and from Lille and meal expenses.
WHAT IS THE WORKING LANGUAGE?
English, which also is the language required for all the application files. Applications written in another language than English will not be considered.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
You have until Monday, February 1st 2021, midnight (CET) to apply. The applications received by email after this deadline will not be taken into consideration.
For further information, you can refer to our Rules and Regulations, FAQ or contact us directly.
- December 9th 2020: Launching of the call for applications.
- February 1st 2021: End of the call for application at midnight CET).
- Mid-March: Announcement of the selected participants by email.
- May 27th 2021: Arrival of the candidates in Lille.
- From May 27th to May 31st 2021: Workshops, masterclasses and individual sessions with mentors/tutors at La Plaine Image.
- From June 1st to June 3rd 2021: Attendance to professional events and meetings during the Forum at Lille Grand Palais.
The selected writers must be available to participate in the whole week of the writing training.
In order to apply, you must accept the Rules and Regulations detailing the eligibility criteria and fill the online submission form below before the deadline.
Rules & Regulations
In partnership with
To apply, fill out the registration form.