THE SPRINGBOARD IS A PROGRAM THAT AIMS TO DETECT, INITIATE AND SUPPORT YOUNG PEOPLE LIVING IN THE HAUTS-DE-FRANCE REGION WHO WISH TO WORK IN SERIES AND AUDIOVISUAL INDUSTRY.
Created in 2022, the Springboard is a program dedicated to young people ages 18 to 25, residing in the Hauts-de-France region. This initiative, created by Series Mania Institute, aims to introduce its participants to narrative techniques and the audiovisual and series professions, and to lead them to first levels of qualification.
Based in Lille, this program takes place from October to April.
The selection of participants is done in collaboration with our local partners of the Lille metropolis and the Hauts-de-France Region : Pôle Emploi, local missions, Unis-cités, ACAP, etc.
- Young people aged 18 to 25
- Residing in the Hauts-de-France region
- Not engaged in any training and experiencing difficulties in finding a sustainable job
Objectives of the program
- To acquire and develop knowledge and skills in the audiovisual, serial and digital media professions
- To move towards specific training dedicated to audiovisual and digital media professions
- To integrate the industry in first levels of qualification
innovative pedagogy through projects and practice
- Project-based learning allows students to acquire both theoretical and practical skills
- It allows for a match with the needs of the job market and companies in the audiovisual sector
- Participants are involved in a work dynamic that motivates them throughout the training
- Teaching provided by professionals and academic teachers
- Personalized follow-up during and after the training
- Production companies (advertising, audiovisual, cinema, series, institutions, etc.)
- Audiovisual service providers
- Broadcasters and VOD platforms
- Technical professions in the performing arts and event management
- Camera assistant
- Sound assistant
- Post-production assistant
- Assistant stage manager
- 2nd or 3rd assistant director
- Screenwriting professions
THE SPRINGBOARD IN FIGURES
- Pilot year in 2022-2023
- 19 participants trained
- 1 mini-series of 4 episods created by pilot year participants, revealed during the 2023 edition of Series Mania Festival
- 100% of the participants from the pilot year recommend the Springboard program.