Applications for the Eureka Series Autumn/Winter 2022 session are open!
Please scroll down this page to read all you need to know and access the application form.
Eureka Series is an intensive 10-week training course for emerging television drama series writers and producers from all over Europe. Delivered in partnership with La Fémis, it is an initiative created by Series Mania Institute to train professionals in the rapidly changing TV series industry.
The programme is aimed at emerging television drama series writers and producers, including, but not limited to, recent alumni of European film and television schools. They benefit from the support of international teachers and professionals, thanks to our partnerships with schools such as ECAM (Spain), the Lodz Film School (Poland), ifs internationale filmschule köln (Germany), Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia (Italy) and Westerdals – Kristiana University College (Norway).
Eureka Series Programme is divided into 3 parts:
- Part I: Serial Dramaturgy, European Markets & Concepts Definition – in Lille
The selected writers will take part in Lille during the introductory seminar from September 30 to October 2, then during the first four weeks of EUREKA SERIES, in lectures, masterclasses and practical workshops on their respective group European series projects.
The selected producers will participate in Lille in the introductory seminar on the weekend of September 30 to October 2, then in the lectures of the first week.
- Part II: Online Work & Case Studies – remotely
During the fifth and sixth weeks of EUREKA SERIES, all participants (writers and producers) will attend remote, online sessions.
For writer participants, the online sessions will include mentoring, case studies and work on group series projects.
Producer participants will take part in lectures and case studies.
- Part III: Written Documents, Deals & Distribution – in Lille
Writer participants will be back in Lille for the last four weeks of the programme (weeks seven, eight, nine and ten) to take part in lectures, masterclasses and practical workshops on their respective group European series projects. During the last week (week ten) of EUREKA SERIES, the writer participants will learn how to pitch their projects.
Producer participants will be back in Lille for the last two weeks of the programme, to attend the lectures and masterclasses of weeks nine and ten. During the last week (week ten) of EUREKA SERIES, the producer participants will learn how to finance television series in Europe.
The training will culminate in a final presentation in front of an audience of industry professionals.
- Acquire a common language amongst television professionals on serial dramaturgy
- Master the principles of how the European and international television series ecosystems operate
- Participate in writing workshops in order to master the creative process of collaborative writing (for writer participants)
- Ascertain the challenges of European television series financing from both a macro-and micro-economic point of view
- Acquire the skills to pitch and sell a European television series to investors (co-producers, broadcasters, streaming platforms, etc.) (for writer participants)
- Masterclasses with executives of TV series
- Case studies of European series in the company of their creative teams
- Theoretical and practical courses on the structure, financing and production of European series
- Group work on European series projects
- The projects of the participants and their pedagogical progress are regularly evaluated by tutors (quizzes, written evaluations).