Advanced training programme for European scripwriter, director and producer with a TV series project at an early stage of development. SeriesLab aims at developing innovative and high-profile international TV series projects through 3 residential workshops, from December 2019 up to a final presentation during the Series Mania Forum 2020 (March 25-27).
SeriesLab unveils selected projects for its 4th edition!
- CLEMENCEAU by Anthony Nt, Chingiz Karibekovi and Mohamed El Hajjouti (Belgium)
- CODENAME HEAT by Ivan Knezevic (Serbia)
- DAVOS by Adrian Illien (Switzerland) and Julia Penner (Germany)
- MADE BY by Joanna Tabet (France)
- PRIDELAND by Brady Hood (United Kingdom), produced by Laura Jackson (United Kingdom)
- THE DEFECT by Fran Harris (Ireland)
- THE GREAT STINK by Murilo Pasta (Italy)
- THE PRETENDER by Michael Kinirons (Ireland) and Arnaud Benoliel (France), produced by Alicia Ni Ghrainne (Ireland)
- WHITE ELEPHANT by Ruth Mellaerts and Boris Kuijpers (Belgium), produced by Helen Perquy (Belgium)
Those 9 European projects have been selected to participate in the next edition of SeriesLab. They were selected among an impressive total of 133 submissions, coming from all over Europe.
SeriesLab run from December 2019 until March 2020. The aim is to develop innovative and high-profile TV series projects that can appeal internationally. At the end of the training, the projects will be presented to major key players of the TV industry during the Series Mania Forum (Lille, France), which will be held on 25-27 March 2020.
Selected teams will develop their concepts within small groups of 3 projects, each led by a tutor that will help in generating ideas and structuring the material: Andrea Nobile (Italy), Vincent Poymiro (France) and Anita Voorham (Netherlands). The participants will also get insight on production design, audience design and pitching techniques from highly qualified experts. Head of Studies Nicola Lusuardi (Italy) will supervise the program.
TorinoFilmLab has once again reached gender equality in the SeriesLab selection: in the European selection, with 5 out of 9 teams including a female participant. The 9 projects, all in early development stage, also reflect the diversity of European genres: from comedy to satire and thriller, from contemporary stories to historic drama, from spy agents to young teenagers.
SeriesLaban initiative of TorinoFilmLab, realized thanks to the support of the Creative Europe – MEDIA Sub-programme of the European Union; main partner: Series Mania Forum; with the support of: Screen Ireland; in partnership with: VAF – Flanders Audiovisual Fund.
Plus d’information sur : www.torinofilmlab.it