The Drama Series Co-Writing Residency between Israel and France is a program initiated by the CNC (Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image animée), France and the GMFF (Gesher Multicultural Film Fund), Israel, in cooperation with the Israeli Scriptwriters Guild, The Israeli Producers Association and the French Embassy in Israel. Series Mania is one of the main partners of the project.
CALL FOR PROJECTS
The Drama Series Co-Writing Residency between Israel and France has launched its second call for projects! We are currently making the selection, it will be unveiled shortly.
Up to 6 projects will be selected to take part in the residency. Each project will be carried by a team composed by at least two screenwriters, one from Israel and one from France. A maximum of 12 screenwriters in total will participate in the residency.
The 12 selected participants will take part in 2 workshops, one in France and one in Israel. The teams will have approximately 6 months (from December to May) to co-write the full bible of a fiction series. During all this period, the selected teams will be trained by experienced tutors with whom they will have regular online exchanges (emails, online video sessions….). They will have the opportunity to meet the tutors during the two workshops.
Throughout this process, the participants will meet with potential international financial partners (producers, broadcasters, platforms…) during two events:
- At SERIES MANIA FORUM (June 1-3, 2021 in Lille, France), at the end of the first workshop.
- At a final pitching event that will take place in Israel during summer 2021, at the end of the second workshop.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Professional scriptwriters, directors, and creatives from Israel and France.
IMPORTANT: individual screenwriters who want to apply for the Residency but do not have a partner yet can try to find a co-writer from the other country through this dedicated Facebook group opened by the CNC, GMFF, and Series Mania.
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY?
A pre-bible presenting the main features of the series written by a team of two co-writers from each country or by an individual writer from either France or Israel. Any individual writer will be required to find a co-writer from the other country in order to join the Residency.
HOW LONG IS THE RESIDENCY?
The Residency will last about 6 months with two workshops of approximately one week, one in France (March 2021) and the other in Israel (Summer 2021) along with online training sessions with experienced tutors.
WHAT IS THE COST OF THE RESIDENCY?
The Residency is totally free of charge for the selected participants. Travel and accommodation in France and in Israel will be provided as well as a daily fee for daily expenses (food, local transportation…)
WHAT IS THE WORKING LANGUAGE?
English, but the projects can be written in any language serving best the story and its characters.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE OF APPLICATION?
Monday, October 19, 2020, at midnight (CET).
- 03/09/2020: Publishing of the call for projects.
- 03/09/2020 – 19/10/2020: Time period for projects submission. Drama series projects can be submitted by already formed French-Israeli teams or by individual writers from Israel or France.
- 23/11/2020: Official selection results are sent to the selected writers.
- 01/12/2020 – 19/05/2021: Online sessions with tutors to work on the projects + online course on the European TV industry to prepare for the first workshop.
- 2021/06/01–2021/06/03: Workshop in Lille followed by professional meetings with European TV executives at Series Mania Forum.
- 29/03/2021 – 31/05/2021: Online sessions with tutors to finalize the projects and prepare for the second workshop.
- 31/05/2021: Deadline to send a final project presentation and bible.
- Summer 2021: Workshop in Israel followed by pitching event (place and time TBD).
The members of each selected team must be available to participate in the two workshops and Series Mania Forum.
In order to apply, you must accept the Rules and Regulations detailing the eligibility criteria and fill the online submission form below before the deadline.