Noele (or Nolly to her friends) was a legend in her own lifetime. As flame-haired widow Meg Richardson in the long-running soap opera Crossroads, she was one of the most famous people in Britain. Then in 1981, at the height of the show’s success and the peak of Nolly’s fame, she was axed without ceremony, without warning and with no explanation. With the boss’s words “all good things must come to an end” ringing in her ears, Noele Gordon found herself thrown out of the show that was her life for over 18 years.
A flawless new work by the great Russell T. Davies about the star of an English soap opera who is suddenly fired after a 20-year reign on TV: a choice role for the brilliant Helena Bonham Carter !
- Created By Russel T. DAVIES
- Written By Russell T. DAVIES
- Directed By Peter HOAR
- With Helena BONHAM CARTER, Mark GATISS, Augustus PREW, Con O'NEILL
- Production Quay Street Productions
- Broadcaster ITVX
- International sales ITV STUDIOS