A beguiling murder mystery with a solution that will both astonish and shock viewers, the plot of Magpie Murders revolves around the character Susan Ryeland, an editor who is given an unfinished manuscript of author Alan Conway’s latest novel, but has little idea it will change her life.
adaptation - Drama - mystery | United Kingdom | 2021
Series: 6 x 45min
The writer and screenwriter Anthony Horowitz adapts another one of his novels on screen, with lead actress Lesley Manville in the role of a publisher who becomes a detective against her will, in order to find the last chapter (and the murderer) of the latest book of her crime story writer (Conleth Hill). A meta-story is set in motion between the investigation of the publisher and the investigation of the unfinished book, strewn with numerous references to the stories of Agatha Christie.
- Written By Anthony HOROWITZ
- Directed By Peter CATTANEO
- Music Alastair KING
- With Lesley MANVILLE, Conleth HILL, Tim MCMULLAN
- Production Eleventh Hour Films Ltd, PBS Masterpiece
- Broadcaster BRITBOX, PBS Network
- International sales Sony Pictures Distribution
- Adapted from Magpie Murders novel (2016)