The Writers Campus launches its sixth call for applications!
Call for applications
writers campus 2023
For the 6th year in a row, the Writers Campus launches its call for applications: 20 professional writers with a project in development will be selected to take part in the one-week intensive writing workshop at the Creative Bazaar and at Series Mania Forum in Lille, March 16-23, 2023.
Within this creative incubator, candidates will have the opportunity to develop their TV series project with renowned tutors (Bryan Elsley in 2022, Amit Cohen in 2021, Eli Horowitz in 2020, the Jacquemetton duo in 2019 and Sarah Treem in 2018).
At the end, they will meet and pitch their project to TV industry producers, broadcasters, and platforms during Series Mania Forum.
who can apply?
- Professional screenwriters worldwide, who have had at least one project broadcast (TV/web series, feature, or short movie).
- Graduates from partner schools (see list below)
IMPORTANT: You can apply as a solo writer or as a duo, coming from a partner school or not. We strongly encourage any TV drama writer with professional experience to apply.
what do i need to apply?
• A one-page concept describing the series project that you want to work on during Writers Campus (the project must not have a producer or broadcaster attached). It must also be live-action fiction, we won’t accept documentaries or animation.
• A personal statement to let the selection committee know why you want to tell the story you are applying with, why you are the ideal voice to tell it, and why now. We want to know what makes you a unique voice and how you will contribute to the global creative community of audiovisual content. We particularly encourage women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
• A writing sample, an original TV drama previously written (or the pilot of your series project).
• A resume/short CV. For the duos, please upload both resumes in one PDF.
• Two professional letters of reference, from a producer, broadcaster and/or a faculty member (faculty member letter mandatory for partner schools’ graduates).
- For candidates who will soon have their first project broadcast: a proof of agreement, letter of intent or contract with the broadcaster.
For further information, you can refer to our Rules and Regulations, FAQ or contact us directly : firstname.lastname@example.org
ENGLISH OR FRENCH ARE THE ONLY LANGUAGES ACCEPTED FOR ALL THE APPLICATION FILES. APPLICATIONS WRITTEN IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE THAN ENGLISH OR FRENCH WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
who are the partner schools
• La Fémis (Paris, France)
• The London Film School (London – United Kingdom)
• Midpoint Institute (Prague – Czech Republic)
• Sam Spiegel Film School (Jerusalem – Israel)
• Serial Eyes (DFFB, Berlin – Germany)
• Scuola Holden (Torino – Italy)
If a graduate from a partner school is selected, their participation fee will be covered by Series Mania.
You have until December 20, 2022, midnight (CET) to apply. The applications received by email after this deadline will not be taken into consideration.
02/11/2022 : Launch of the call for applications.
20/12/2022 : End of the call for application at midnight (CET).
31/01/2023 : Reveal of the selected participants by email.
16/03/2023 : Arrival of the participants in Lille.
Du 17/03/2023 au 20/03/2023 – Festival Series Mania : Workshops, masterclasses and individual sessions with mentors/tutors at the Creative Bazaar
Du 21/03/2023 au 23/03/2023 – Series Mania Forum : Attendance to professional events and meetings during the Forum at Lille Grand Palais.
The selected writers must be available to participate in the whole week of the workshop.
In case of selection, the Writers Campus participation fee is 480€ per participant. The fee must be paid before the beginning of the workshop to confirm your participation.
- full pedagogical program at the Creative Bazaar (tutoring, masterclasses, one-to-one meetings…)
- Series Mania Forum accreditation
- accommodation in Lille, from March 16 to 23
Participants are only responsible for their own travel costs to and from Lille and meal expenses.