HOW TO APPLY TO Eureka Series as a writer?
Writer applicants must submit an original European series project based on the theme of “a new beginning” in their applications.
The submitted series project must meet the following requirements:
- Category: TV series only (TV movies, feature films etc. will not be accepted)
- Number of episodes: 6 – 10
- Length of episode: 30 – 60 minutes
- Genre: drama or comedy series (animation and documentary will not be accepted)
Only original concepts for first seasons will be accepted. Adaptations from books, remakes from foreign or domestic series, seasons 2 or returning shows are not permitted.
The European dimension of the series project, whether in its themes, its shooting language and locations, and the co-production possibilities it offers between European countries, will be decisive.
Please upload the following with your application:
- A pre-bible presenting the main features of a series based on the theme of “a new beginning”, i.e.
– a short synopsis of the series,
– an expanded synopsis for the whole season,
– character information,
– the envisaged filming language(s),
– and a note of intention
(max. 5 pages)
- Either a link to previous work as a writer (broadcast television series or an online drama series or a short film or a feature film) or a sample script.
- A covering letter explaining how you would benefit from Eureka Series (max. 1 page).
- A CV stating your professional experience
- A copy of your national ID or passport.